Washington State Bow Hunters is a non-profit organization established to promote bowhunter education, improve archery seasons in Washington and represent the bowhunters of Washington State. W.S.B. was incorporated in December of 1976.General Information
The purposes and objectives of WSB shall be:
1. To unite bowhunters in Washington State to educate, foster, promote and encourage the art and sport of bowhunting;
2. To coordinate, cooperate with and disseminate information to other interested hunting groups;
3. To gather, record and disseminate information concerning safe, humane and ethical methods of hunting with bow and arrow;
4. To disseminate educational information concerning training bowhunters in the art and sport of bowhunting;
5. To assist any interested persons or organizations with information concerning proper methods of hunting with bow and arrow;
6. To gather and record and disseminate information concerning preservation, propagation and harvesting the various wildlife species in Washington;
8. To promote bowhunting as a healthy and satisfying outdoor recreational sport;
9. To encourage above all good sportsmanship and respect for the animals one hunts, respect for game laws and a deep and sincere appreciation for the natural beauties of our state;
10. To carry out the above purposes and objectives on a nondiscriminatory basis; and
11. To establish, maintain and enforce rules and regulations deemed necessary to accomplish the purposes and objectives of WSB.
ARTICLE III WSB RULES OF FAIR CHASE
WSB does hereby adopt and promulgate the Rules of Fair Chase as set forth by the Pope and Young club. Specifically, the Rules of Fair Chase shall prohibit the taking of game animals under the following conditions:
2. Helpless in water.
3. Helpless in a trap.
4. When confined behind fences, as in a game farm.
5. In violation of game laws or during a closed season.
6. By “jack lightning” or shining lights at night.
7. From any power vehicle or power boat.
8. By the use of any motor vehicle for herding or driving any animals including the use of any aircraft for landing alongside of any animal or herd or to communicate with or direct a hunter on the ground.
9. With the use of any form of tranquilizers, poison or firearm.